How do I create a correction for a new starter in a previous tax period?

Have more questions? Submit a request
The usual process of creating an employee is adopted but when the Payroll Membership form is created, if you want the correction to be applied in the tax period in which they should have started, you can perform the following:

Assign the new starter to a payroll

For more information about Payroll Memberships, see the Payroll Membership check list.
  1. Navigate to the Payroll Membership History window.
    Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Payroll Membership.
  2. Right-click: New in the Payroll History Membership pane. The Payroll New Starter form appears.
  3. Select the desired Payroll.
  4. Enter the Start Date.
  5. Select the desired Period to enable the correction.
  6. Click the OK button.

Apply the start date to the employee's post history

For more information about Post History, see the Post History check list.
  1. Navigate to the employee's Post History window.
    Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Post History
  2. Create the employee's Post History record.
  3. Ensure the employee's start date is enter as the From Date.

Calculate the payslip

  1. Navigate to the employee's Payslip_Period Summary window.
    Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Payslip 
  2. Click the Calculate button. The payslip is updated to display the correction from the employee's Start Date to the end of that period as well as the pay in the current period. The Income Tax deducted and National Insurance contribution are also corrected.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful