How do I make other adjustments to HMRC payments?

Have more questions? Submit a request
You can create payment runs to pay tax, employee and employer NI, and student loan deductions to HMRC. The payment runs are created by the P32 period. Therefore, if you have more than one payroll under a tax reference, all payments due to HMRC are created in one run. As part of this process, the EPS (Employer Payment Summary) file is created and submitted to HMRC. The EPS file displays employer payments that are due such as tax, NI etc.
Use Adjustments to view the details of amounts contained in the payment runs and when you want to adjust the value of payment to HMRC, for instance under or over payment of foreign workers.

To make the adjustment

  1. Navigate to the Pay HMRC window. 
    Go to Cintra iQ: Payroll> Payroll Tools> Paying Out> Pay HMRC
  2. Select the desired P32 Period
  3. Create the Payment Run.
  4. Click the Adjustments button. The Adjustments window appears.
  5. Enter the amount of the adjustment against the relevant heading.
  6. Click the Save button. This amends the payment run's amount and displays it in the Pay HMRC window.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful