How do I claim employment allowance?

Have more questions? Submit a request
You can create payment runs to pay tax, employee and employer NI, and student loan deductions to HMRC. The payment runs are created by the P32 period. Therefore, if you have more than one payroll under a tax reference, all payments due to HMRC are created in one run. As part of this process, the EPS (Employer Payment Summary) file is created and submitted to HMRC. The EPS file displays employer payments that are due such as tax, NI etc.

To claim employment allowance

  1. Navigate to the Pay HMRC window. 
    Go to Cintra iQ: Payroll> Payroll Tools> Paying Out> Pay HMRC
  2. Select the desired P32 Period
  3. Click the Adjustments button. The Adjustments window appears.
  4. Set the I am entitled to claim employment allowance field to Yes
  5. Click the Save button. This amends the payment run's amount and displays it in the Pay HMRC window.
  6. Continue to create a payment run to HMRC.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful