How do I enter mileage claims for employees?

Have more questions? Submit a request
Within Cintra iQ, you can create a mileage scheme if you are paying above HMRC rates for employees using their own car for business purposes. The amount above the HMRC rate is subject to tax and NI. The taxable amount would be recorded on a P11d and the NI on the amount is calculated via the payroll.
  1. Annual Allowance is an annual amount paid to an employee for using their own vehicle for business miles.
  2. Mileage Payments are set amounts paid for each business mile an employee does in their own vehicle.
  3. Passenger Payments are set amounts paid for each passenger for each business mile an employee does with a passenger in their own vehicle i.e. if an employee has two passengers and does 60 miles, a payment would be made for 120 units and the appropriate passenger rate.

Once you have created the Mileage Scheme for private car users, you can enter a mileage claim for an employee, even if they do not need to receive a regular allowance. 


Mileage payments should be entered each period via Payroll Period Input.


To claim mileage

  1. Navigate to the Payroll Period and Correction window.
    Go to Cintra iQ: Employment Record> Forms> Payroll Period Input
  2. Navigate to the Mileage Claims tab.
  3. In the Mileage Claims pane, right-click: New. The New Mileage Claim window appears.
  4. Update the date of the claim in Use Mileage Rates Effective On, if necessary.
  5. Enter the Miles Claimed.
  6. Enter the Number of Passengers.
  7. Enter the CC of Vehicle.
  8. Enter the Registration of Vehicle.
  9. Click the Cost Allocation tab.
  10. Allocate the cost of the mileage.
  11. Click the OK button. The record appears in the Mileage Claims tab. The rates setup in this claim will be used to calculate the mileage.

Articles in this section

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful